Okay so I might as well make things official by posting on the blog that I started a new job today, even though I accepted the offer almost a month ago now! I just couldn't bring myself to tell anyone out loud I guess. Some of you diligent blog readers may remember a random post about a month ago when I had interviewed for a job with the Violence and Injury Prevention Program and was totally stressing about my current work situation. By the way, for all of you diligent blog readers thank you for posting comments, even small ones! Comments are the driving force behind my posts and I wish everyone would say something, anything. Anyway that was totally random...
Well, I had another interview and to my surprise was given the job offer. Today was my first "official" day as the Media and Education Coordinator but I'm actually working the whole week in the Genomics Program to finish up our grant. Then on Saturday I'm off to Baltimore for a week long training to learn all about VIPP stuff. Little nervous to be leaving again but luckily I know Jeff and Pearl will have a great time together - let's just cross our fingers and toes she doesn't get sick this time. I'm pretty excited to start something new. Plus this job is part-time with higher pay and benefits so I can stay home with Pearl a little more, hopefully finish up school faster, and become the domestic goddess that I know is lurking somewhere deep, deep down inside (yeah right, keep on dreaming Jeff)! Who can complain with more money and less work? I am really sad to be leaving Genomics though and everyone I've worked with over the past 5 years. Everyone has sent me such nice messages and some of them have even brought me to tears. I really feel like I'm abandoning family and giving up on the race at the last few yards because I've loved all the work we've done and hope it continues on without me. I know that sounds selfish and maybe it is but when you've been the entire Genomics Program, it's hard to leave and think things will be okay. But I needed a change for some reason and I think it's because I need to be home more right now. Pearl is just growing up so fast (Wednesday is the big day) and I don't want to miss anymore of her. I've felt a huge weight off my shoulder since I accepted the offer and while it's been and will probably be hard to leave something I've loved, maybe someone else needs to experience what I've done. Maybe a new person will take Genomics to places I could only dream about. I've learned so much and grown up a lot with Genomics and am so grateful for that experience. You know, it's funny how impatient I get with the Lord but in April I turned down a really nice job because it just didn't feel right. There wasn't any logical reason for doing so but now I can see why things turned out the way they did. I guess I should learn that things always have a way of working out and I just need to hang in there when times get tough. Life is so much more fun when you enjoy it! And I can't wait to start this new chapter in my life.
14 comments:
Congrats on your new job, Jen! You will love getting to be home more with Pearl. She is so cute! :) Have fun working on your "domestic goddess" status. I'm still in training, but I have managed to learn to grind wheat and make it into bread. If that isn't domestic, I'm not sure what is....
Isn't it funny how things turn out the opposite of what you wanted, and you realize that you have everything you wanted and more when all is said and done. Does that make sense? It does in my head :)
I'm excited for the more money/hour part! It finally feels like Kay got a Job after graduation - be it five years later. Welcome to the land of making a reasonable wage for all your hard work in school!
As for the domestic goddess part - I'd settle for 9 minute cookies and a lunch everyday.
You will love the being home more part. I quit my job after Krayden and had some of the same feelings but now I wouldn't change staying home for the world.
Congrats, Jenny! Great post. Sometimes, you really do just have to follow what feels right and it looks like it totally paid off this time!
Jenny,
Yes I rememnber you! It has been a real long time. Yes four kids I know, life sure goes buy fast. I have taken a look at your page, and added you as a friend if that is okay. Your little girl pearl is so cute. Congratulations on her turning 1 that is a big step. And congratulations on the new job. Travel safe when you go for your training. Jennifer Kirby
Good Luck with your new job! I still believe that God knows what is best for us even when we don't think it is. I don't know if I could ever leave Lam home alone with the kids. He would rip at the seams, and call me to come back within three hours.
I have to admit it is going to be a little sad to not have you in Genomics but I am really excited for you. I am glad that everything worked out!
Good for you! you are such an awesome person, I am so glad we can see what's going on through the blog!
Happy Birthday to Pearl
Happy Birthday to Pearl
Happy Birthday sweet little PEARL
Happy Birthday to Pearl!
Congrats on the new job. It must be nice to work less and get paid more. Deep down inside I want to be a stay at home mom but I worry that it might drive me a little nuts because I have been use to working for so long. Good luck with the job and have fun in Baltimore.
Yesterday was a blast! I can't believe Pearl is actually 1! And I didn't know it was this week that you were leaving, I thought it was still a few weeks away.
wow! so what is the name of the company you work for now?? if you deal with any middle/high school kids i may know some fo them...i taught resource for 3 years in logan district...anyway, good luck and i hope it all works out for you!
Wow, 13 comments! I feel so loved! Thanks to everyone - I love reading what you have to say. As for Emilee's question, I'm still at the Utah Department of Health, just moved to a different program. Actually I may only be moving one office away from where I am now!
Post a Comment