Friday, March 28, 2008

A case of "momnesia"

Jeff sent me an article today on "momnesia" also known as "mommynesia." Finally a diagnosis for how I've been feeling the past, well 10+ months, like I'm living in a foggy haze, forgetting everything, completely exhausted, and getting stupider with every feeding! Don't get me wrong, I adore Pearl and am so grateful we have her in our lives, but honestly couldn't someone have warned me of the side effects of being a mom? Your brain turns to mush and breast feeding only makes the process go faster. My mom did warn me after bringing Pearl home on one of those days when I literally felt like a cow because I was spending all day feeding Pearl, that my brain cells were getting sucked out of me - I just didn't believe her until now. Pearl is going to be a friggin genius with as many brain cells as I've passed on! I suppose becoming stupid is an advantage as you don't have energy to do anything but keep a tiny, helpless baby alive. I'm just hoping this "momnesia" thing has a cure.

So, Jeff said this wasn't "blog worthy" but I guess I just needed to ramble for a moment to make myself feel better. We can't talk because it's NCAA game night and I only have 3 minutes during commercials to talk with Jeff so this is therapuetic for me to write. Did that last sentence make any sense? See, I do have "momnesia"!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thing you had so many to start with :)

Kristy said...

Just a little somthing to look forward to I guess!