Sunday, November 10, 2013

Little Rock Stars

I met two rock stars tonight.

Well, four really.

My cousin's now 1-year-old twins, Kadri and Sander. 

They are all around miracle babies. And million $$$ babies at that (they just got the last hospital bills). They had a miraculous start and then a miraculous journey. Born at only 25 weeks, weighing just over 1 lb. each, they spent months in the hospital with all the complications and heartaches that micro preemies bring. There were lots and lots of prayers from all around the world for them. I remember getting calls at work - prayer chain calls I dubbed them - with updates on Leslie's pregnancy and then the twins' birth.

My cousin Tony married his sweet Leslie about a month after Jeff and I got married. They waited 10 long years for these two to come in and rock their world! And even though they struggled silently with fertility issues, they always rejoiced in our happiest times and sent cards and gifts when our kids were born.

I was so excited when Tony called out of the blue and asked if they could stop by and say hi on their way back home to Oregon on the last leg a looong road trip to California then Nevada, and finally Utah. Those are the best surprise calls.

These little pipsqueaks were so adorable! I died over their cheeks!

 


It's a good thing I've refused to let go of the last of the baby toys (ok, the only baby toys... we're toy scrooges). It made me an instant favorite with Sander. Kadri was more interested in socializing and crawling everywhere than playing with the toys.



We had a nice visit. Definitely not long enough. I wish they lived closer... I think Leslie and I would be great friends. Both working moms balancing a crazy career and crazy home life. Plus, babysitting these cuties wouldn't be bad either. I didn't want those squishable cheeks to leave me. 

Things like this make me baby hungry.


Next time, I think we should visit them and do a Pacific Northwest road trip!

No comments: