I'm so grateful that eight years ago {or so} Jeff and I decided to go down to my Peacock Family reunion in the little tiny town of Orangeville, Utah. We'd never been before but my Dad and Aunts were in charge of the festivities that year and my Mom couldn't go. So we were enlisted to help out.
I'm so grateful I didn't run back home when my Great Uncle Paul opened the door and scared the beejeebers out of me when he asked, "Who the Hell are you?" .... you see, Jeff and I are typically the first ones to arrive to most family gatherings and my Dad, Aunts, and Grandpa hadn't made it yet.
I'm so grateful my Aunt Karen yelled back to Paul, "It's Kenny's daughter. Let them in!!!"
I'm so grateful we still have our Peacock reunion at the Lazy P Ranch. Truly "God's Country" as a coworker told me when I said we were headed down to "Coal Country" or "Castle Country" as some call it in Emery County. The scenery from the ranch is some of the most beautiful landscape on this earth.
I'm so grateful the trip is the highlight of my kids' summer. Redneck water park on the side-by-side, what beats that? {Note to self though, take the 4 wheelers next year even if we don't think they will get used much.}
I'm so grateful Jeff and my Uncle Delroy try to keep the spirit of my Grandpa, Uncle Paul, and Uncle Jim alive by outbidding each other on various auction items. Even outbidding themselves at times.
I'm so grateful my Dad was there to help me consume 500 gazillion calories of our family's ooey-gooey popcorn.
I'm so grateful my cousin made everyone the coolest reunion shirts. Seriously, none of those lame bright yellow shirts. Each age and gender had a custom design. If you need an awesome print screen job, give him a call!
I'm so grateful my Aunt Denise knows to bring hundreds of glow sticks to entertain the kids. And the adults once the kids go to bed. Too bad Cole wasn't amused that we hung every glow stick he'd been playing with from the ceiling of our tent. It was pretty late though.
I'm so grateful Jeff made a comment about how delicious the cream puffs were to my Aunt Beulah eight years ago. Aunt Karen told us he's the only reason she still makes about 15 gallons of cream and about 300 puffs every year. And oh, do we enjoy those.
I'm so grateful - extremely grateful - we don't own guns. Um, seeing my brother and Jeff with an assault rifle? Then a target? Scary. And yes, I did fire that bad boy myself... sort of forced to by my Uncles and cousins. I'm not a fan of firearms.
I'm so grateful my Aunt Beulah makes homemade suckers. It reminds me of my Great Grandma Peacock.
I'm so grateful for a quiet evening at the reservoir {Joe's Valley}.
I'm so grateful for one crazy, comedic, loving, always happy to see me family.

















1 comment:
Love everything! Totally copying the art idea too.
Post a Comment