Sunday, December 2, 2012

The other tree

Alright. 

I know Thanksgiving is long past and most people have one of these kind of trees up in their house


but I had to post a picture of our Thanksgiving Blessing Tree (early in the month... forgot to take a picture of the finished tree) before I get completely sucked into the Christmas craziness.


We started out about 12 days late and then had a frantic finish by my lonesome self one night because we hadn't written anything down in days. Next year, maybe life won't feel so chaotic and we'll find 15 seconds every night to actually think of our daily blessings. 

The things we were thankful for this year included:  

Grandpa and Grandma
Recess at school
Pockets on our pants
Daycare
Merlin Olsen Field @ Romney Stadium
Blu
Good jobs
Cousins
When the laundry is done
For Jeff when he drives us home late at night
Macaroni & Cheese
New shoes
Chapter books
Playing in the snow
Strong and healthy bodies
Church
Opportunity to get an education
Timeouts
Our Best Bites cookbooks
Warm Halloween
Toys
Sports
The chance to vote
The Scotsman
Our house
New snow boots and snow pants
Warm soup on a cold day
Temples
David and Vickie
The pies are finally done!
Family (added by my sister)
Veterans
Nice weather
Going on walks with Blu
Warm dinner
Bear Lake
Library
Ability to read
Laptop so I can blog
4 wheeler rides
Art stuff
Our own rooms
Snow blowers
Aunts and uncles
Kids who make me laugh, cry, and love

No comments: