Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween ridiculousness



This is the ridiculousness that happens after a Halloween parade at school and trick or treating around the neighborhood. Oh, and the trunk or treat and Ruby's birthday party. But still! Who is seriously going to eat all this?

Every year our daycare/school has a Halloween parade. It's mass chaos as 65 kids and their parents frantically try to get in costume minutes after naptime, delaying snack time (very big deal for some kids, like Cole), all while trying to control the kids excitement and for some fear of what's to come. We walk around the building showing off our cute kids. And every year I keep thinking, there's not that many people who pass out candy. Um, do I have to tell you to look at that picture above again?

Traditional family photo. I'll fill you in on the zombie look later. 


Pearl and her friend Audrey. They were both so excited to have "twiner" costumes, even though Pearl was a peacock and Audrey the Queen of Hearts. 


Cole figured out what was going on pretty dang fast. And he got a lot of Aggie cheers with his costume.


Love Cole's face here! 


After surviving the daycare parade, we stopped by Jeff's office to say hi. Jeff found a head set to complete his Coach Anderson look. And with Fern by his side, they made quite the pair. 

(remind me to download the picture off of Jeff's phone someday)

Jeff told me that if we showed up in costume to Chipotle, we could get $2 burritos! Sweet! I didn't have to cook or do dishes and we ate in plenty of time to go trick or treating. 


First stop, David and Vickie's house!




Man. We look awesome.
 

And we're off. I'm go glad it was gorgeous weather... and that my kids are happy just trick or treating around the block and not the entire city. 
 

Cole refused to go up to the door until he saw someone with candy standing there. Funny kid.
 



Even Blu got in on the Halloween action. Inadvertently, but still. We got home and Jeff said she was dressed up like a lampshade. Poor puppy. I wish Blu was a little more "trust worthy" when it came to walking. Like, not passing out from lack of oxygen to the brain because she's pulling so hard or freaking out because not everyone wants to stop and pet her like she's their best friend. Maybe next year.


I told you this was ridiculous. These two pip squeaks better not get their hopes up that they can eat all this candy themselves. 



Happy Halloween 2012!

No comments: