We're in a salsa making frenzy at our house.
With sink full of green tomatoes on one side and red tomatoes on the other, I knew I'd eventually have to find the time to get those beauties bottled. I kept thinking, tonight I'll get to it. But then I had YW or worked late or had a baby shower to go to or someone was hungry or the dog needed to go on a walk or blah blah blah. Life.
Knowing that if I didn't get to the green salsa tonight, I'd end up with even more ripe, red tomatoes (we like green salsa better), I decided to just go for it. The kids were excited to see the sink full of water and offered to help. Earlier I'd made some comment about "I'll make salsa if I can get the kids and dog to cooperate." What I meant was, leave me alone.
Well, this wasn't exactly my idea of cooperation at the time, but it worked. The kids had fun. The tomatoes were thoroughly washed. And we now have enough salsa to last a year. The only problem is I still have enough tomatoes for at least another three batches of green salsa and who knows how many batches of red salsa.
It never ends.
{The recipe we use for green salsa is fabulous. It's found here. If your tomatoes haven't frozen yet, go pick all the green ones you have left and make this!}


1 comment:
Which recipe do you use out of those ones you posted? There are a few options. I have about a zillion green tomatoes calling my name, waiting for me to make something yummy with them!
Post a Comment