Wow. This happened FOREVER ago. But Pearl would be crushed if I never posted pictures from the Stake Luau, where she got to join the rest of the Primary kids in a hula dance.
She came running out of Primary one week with a flier for the Stake Luau and jabbering about how she HAD to go to the hula practice so she could do the real hula at the luau. It was a big deal to her. And the only reason we went... beside the fact that I didn't have to cook dinner.
She was so pumped to get a costume for the hula dance. Even Fern got one. He thought he was pretty studly in a grass skirt 'cause it was "boo" (translation: blue).
But he wasn't interested in dancing. Apparently waiting patiently for 15 minutes with your sister and friend was enough hula-ing for him.
Pearl had so much fun. It's all she talked about for weeks! I really need to get her back in dancing again. It's just so dang expensive!
The kids were having loads of luau fun, except for the part when they had a REAL Hawaiian fire dancer perform. Both kids screamed and totally freaked out. I don't get it. The fire dance was awesome.
Jeff and I aren't usually at church gatherings like this, but it was alright. We didn't talk to many people (I still feel like an outsider or new person in the ward/stake, even after eight years) but the food and entertainment were good. And it was the most well organized church event I have ever seen! And if a simple hula dance made Pearl that happy, then it was well worth going.

1 comment:
I took hula lessons when I was about Pearl's age. There is a picture somewhere of Ken and I-- and I am thinking he looks just like Cole. I had a little flashback when I saw this post.
Aunt Sugar
Post a Comment