Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My heart is aching

The past several days my heart has ached at the passing of one of the most beautiful and Christlike women I have ever known.

My Patty.



Words will never describe the sorrow I feel or the weeping I have done in the quiet of the night. To be quite honest, I wasn't expecting this to be so hard. I knew her time was short and that her mortal body could no longer hold her loving Spirit but when the realization that she was gone finally sunk in, I wept. And I'm still weeping almost a week later.

I weep for her sweet family. And the thousands and thousands of people just like me who miss her dearly and feel lost without her.

I weep for losing on this earthly existence, the woman who taught me what kind of Young Women leader I want to be.

I weep for the person who always knew exactly what was going on and who you were, even when you didn't know yourself.

I weep that I will no longer be able to see her sparkling eyes and bright smile.

I weep knowing I will never find another "Dr. Patty" to make all of my owies better.

I weep at the thought that she won't be able to give me big hug and whisper, "I love you, Jenny."

I weep knowing Patty is reunited with her daughter and my dear friend, Carri.

I weep at the memory of our special day filming the Mormon Times show and her open house back in May... which I promise to post pictures of soon.

I weep knowing Patty has been received into our Savior's loving arms.

I weep knowing I am a better person for knowing her.

2 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

saying goodbye is so hard, but remember it is just a see you later, instead. Love you!

Maureen said...

I weep with gratitude that because we are blessed with the gospel in our lives, that we know this isn't the end, but an exciting new adventure fit her. The song that you sang says "He's closer than you know, reach up He'll take your hand." I promise you that Patty is closer than you can imagine and will continue to forever be a big part of your life. She didn't have to wait to get to the other side to become an angel.She accomplished that while here. A great example for each of is to follow. My heart weeps for all those who don't have the comfortof the gospel in their lives. Love you and thinking of you in this difficult time Jenny!