I think we have a picnic every single night. Eating dinner in the front yard. But ask the kids and we never have a picnic. Apparently a real picnic involves a blanket, sack lunch, messes, and driving somewhere. Oh, and ducks to feed too.
So I complied and took the kids to Murray City Park. Sure, we could have walked to any number of parks nearby but I wanted to take them somewhere new. And Murray City Park was the only place I could think of that had a playground and shade.
Who knew my kids liked peanut butter sandwiches? I'm not a big peanut butter eater myself so I kind of forget about this easy meal.
This little flock of ducks had some strong swimming legs, er feet I mean. It was pretty funny to watch them swim in the current to get a cracker or piece of bread. Cole loved it. But with every animal he sees - even the ones in a book - he tells me, "bite." I don't know why. He's never been bitten by an animal before.
Any wagers on how long these stickers last? They've been stuck on Cole's leg for over 24 hours now and they don't look like they are going anywhere anytime soon. Funny, but the last time he went to the doctor's office, he picked the exact same stickers and put them on this exact same leg. And they stayed in this exact same spot for days and days and days. Leaving gooey remnants behind when their top layer finally washed away in the tub.

1 comment:
Love the toenails! Dave would kill me, although I do relent and let Ben put on a clear coat sometimes - so far he hasn't noticed:)
Post a Comment