Supposedly.
Art is not one of mine. And come to think of it, neither is music, acting, or basically anything "artsy" like that. I'm not sure where Pearl gets her love of painting and coloring and craftiness with her gene pool. She was so excited to see the Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival on Main Street.
I had grand plans for a lovely F.H.E. walking up and down Main Street, admiring the art, and talking about talents. But Mother Nature decided that instead of raining like she typically does on the chalk art, she'd crank up the heat. It was HOT! And, Jeff, knowing he'd have to suffer through his two favorite things... the heat and walking... had begged me to let him get out of F.H.E. I told him no way. Well, lucky for him my sister gladly took his place.
I guess I should go see "The Avengers" in the theater. There were drawings of superheroes everywhere. And the Hulk was pretty cool looking.
There were a few drawings of the Bountiful Temple, but this one was my favorite. I thought it was cool that they did it in a triangle shape.
Yet again, another movie we need to go see when it comes out in theaters. There was a better drawing of "Brave" but I just loved the bright orange colors in this one.My Little Ponies! I was so excited to see some of the old-school ponies, like my all-time favorite, Apple Jacks (the one on the right).
Someone please tell me you know what this drawing is! My sister had no clue. I'll give you a hint, it's a very, very famous National Geographic magazine cover.
Scrat! This one made me laugh. He's the only good part of those entire movies!
This was Pearl's favorite drawing. She kept telling us, it looks just like the movie "The Lorax." And the crazy thing was, two 12-year-olds drew this!
Hey look! I'm Picasso. Love it.
Isn't this a cool picture of Albert Einstein? Seriously wish I was that smart - I think I used to be until I had kids and had all my brain cells literally sucked out of me - or this talented.
Isn't this little guy cute? I so want a pet otter now.
Ok, I'm a total girl. This scene from Tangled was my favorite drawing of the entire festival.
As usual, the art work was amazing. It made me want to run home and bust out the sidewalk chalk and scribble all over the driveway. But
then I remembered the only things we draw are A's (for the Aggies, duh) and
body outlines. Not sure those are really festival worthy.










No comments:
Post a Comment