I hate Atlanta.
I'm sure there are wonderfully nice people here and I will give Georgia credit that parts of the state are very pretty, but why couldn't the CDC eradicate malaria somewhere else? Like Hawaii?
It's hot. And humid.
I get to attend between 8-10 hours of meetings every day.
There's not a bookstore anywhere near me! Even with a HUGE, MEGA mall across the street. I mean, can I really be held 100% accountable for not buying all three of the Hunger Games books for my trip? I mean, I know I'm probably the last person on the planet who hasn't read the series or seen the movie yet, but I didn't know I'd fly through the first book on the plane ride here.
I'm bored.
It's dirty and sticky.
It's not the most pedestrian friendly city in the world. Traffic is 24/7 rush hour traffic.
My hotel has about seven ESPN channels and 12 news stations and nothing else. I guess my guilty indulgence of watching hours of HGTV won't happen.
Two hour time changes throw me off my rocker. Getting up at 6:00 a.m. for meetings feels like 4:00 a.m. my time. And when you are a night owl like me, this isn't good.
I miss my kids.
I really miss my husband.
And I feel immensely guilty that I left Jeff home with two kids, with no food in the fridge and with his own full schedule at work to worry about. But they do have clean clothes, clean sheets on the bed, dust-free rooms, and when I left, no crumbs in the carpet (that I could see anyway).
I know. I shouldn't complain. I get to spend a few days not worrying about out what to make for dinner or having to change diapers or dealing with whiny kids.
But I really miss home.
4 comments:
Want to trade places???
Totally know how you feel, hang in. I always look forward to leaving for a few days but as soon as I get to the airport, I miss the kids so much and no longer want to go. Lol!
Download them on your new phone :) That's what I did when I finished the first one at 0300 and no bookstores were open... Welcome to the smartphone world :)
I am sorry. I went to Atlanta once and hated it. So I feel you. Not my favorite place.
Post a Comment