...thoughts on raising two pip-squeaks, an 80+ lb. puppy, and an Aggie-crazed husband...
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Lights at Temple Square
We went to see the lights at Temple Square last week. I'm always amazed at the beauty of a million, make that a gazillion, lights on every nook and cranny of every single tree. It really is breathtaking. And completely mind-boggling as to how they actually string all those strands onto every single branch.
There is this huge pine tree on the East corner of the temple that is always covered in lights! I wish I would have been able to capture the essence of looking up into thousands and thousands of lights covering it.
Pearl took this picture. She was asking all kinds of questions, like do all the prophets work in this building? Even Joseph Smith? What do they do in the temple? Why wouldn't Jesus answer the door? I'm still not sure how to answer her last question. Maybe I should write to Pres. Monson and ask.
Cole was happy with his crackers. I was afraid we might get kicked out of the Visitor's Center with cracker crumbs leading right up to the stroller. Luckily, the sister missionaries had more important things to worry about. And thank heavens Cole knew who Jesus was. Maybe our attempt at scripture study and F.H.E. is paying off. Random, but as we were listening to the little program next to the Christus statue, this little boy came over to Cole and helped himself to a cracker or two. I laughed!
I brought along my tripod to try and get some good shots of the lights, but with two bored and starving children and a husband on the verge of a hunger-educed coma, I didn't get it adjusted right. so you get a crooked picture of the temple. Oh well. Next time, I'll order a pizza and leave the kids at home while I go myself.
Despite how it might appear, we did have a good time. Typical family picture though.
After walking around - the weather was perfect - we grabbed a bite to eat at the V.I. Jeff was so hungry that nothing tasted good and Pearl was so tired and grouchy that she just didn't want to eat anything. Oh well, Cole and I enjoyed our dinners. It was a nice way to end the year and enjoy the last of the Christmas season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you got some good shots. Maybe the Temple is just leaning, I remember hearing about how they had foundation issues when they were buildin it ;)
Post a Comment