The hollyhocks at Bear Lake are special. They came all the way from Panaca, Nevada. Seeds from my Great Grandma's yard. I always take pictures of them when we come to Bear Lake. I can't help myself. And this year, Kurtis wanted to learn more about using my camera... on manual settings. So together we did a little photography lesson and came away with these.
Sorry there are so many pictures, I just can't choose between them! We tried to get some different angles than the usual pictures I take. It was fun to spend some time with just my little brother. And since we did take these together, I'm claiming all photos that Kurtis actually took himself... I'm old and can't remember which ones are mine and which are his.

Not all the hollyhocks are pink. There are white, maroon, light pink, dark pink, and pink with a purplely center.
The sun coming through these two photos really makes the lines in the hollyhocks pop.


I really like the angle of these next three pictures. I wanted to try and get a picture depicting how tall the hollyhocks are. Not what I had in mind, but they looked good with the blue sky in the background.




I do know this one is mine. I thought this leaf looked like it was made of lace.
These ones are all Kurtis'. Bubbles. Lots and lots of bubbles thanks to new bubble guns Grandma bought. 


I was trying to show Kurtis how to take pictures using a high aperture to capture the sun's rays. Apparently he figured things out.
Kurtis and I had so much fun that we have a plot for the next photography session! I buy a new, fancier camera and Kurtis buys my old camera. It's a win-win for everyone.
1 comment:
sounds like I lose - I buy you a new camera and Kurtis doesn't pay us for your old one...
Post a Comment