Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ruffle those peacock feathers

The auction was a bit calm this year. My Uncle Delroy got a stern warning from Jeff to not outbid him! And he listened. Before we left home, Jeff pulled out a blank check and said he was bringing the big guns this year, #366 (or something like that). I wish he handed me a blank check more often!

We came home with a jewelry box my Grandpa made. It was the only thing I told Jeff I wanted. We out bid everyone for it, at a price tag of $120. I know ridiculous considering everyone assumes I can get one from my Grandpa anytime I want. But I can't. He is always making beautiful things but gives them away to everyone. He wasn't too happy when he found out how much we paid for it, but I didn't care. It was beautiful and someday I'll give it to Pearl. It has this gorgeous hand-carved rose as the handle and a two different wood grains in it. And of course I didn't take any pictures of it, and it's even sitting on my dresser. I've been lazy with picture taking lately.

Pearl really gets excited about buying something in the auction. Jeff sent her up to look at everything and tell him what she wanted. Someone had brought a bunch of headbands with feathers on them, peacock feathers to be exact. One was on a mannequin head. So when Pearl came back and told us she wanted the head, we all laughed because we thought she wanted the actual mannequin head. She threw a fit with our obvious lack of understanding until we figured out she wanted the peacock headband. The auction kept dragging on and on and on and Pearl was tired and hungry. She just about lost it and ran up to the auctioneer crying and screaming I want the peacock headband. Everyone was so confused that they just gave it to her so she'd stop sobbing. For free! Score!
My sister was jealous... she had to buy hers.You'd think everyone would know by now that anything with a peacock on it will be in high demand at the auction!

Pearl wasn't the only one who was tired, hungry, hot, and obviously upset that they didn't get what they wanted in the auction.

No comments: