Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Birthday cake #2

Here's the cake Jeff and Pearl picked out and which started the whole minion/Despicable Me birthday party theme. It even has "Happy Birthday Fern" written on it. Poor kid, someday he won't know what his real name is! But Fern just seems to fit him.With one practice round under his belt already, Cole knew exactly what to do with this birthday cake. And don't you love the birthday crown and bib? Thanks Aunt Emily! Here we go! Let the mess begin!Of course a fork and spoon make it even more fun.What is all over my hands? It's squishy. It's sugary. It's definitely messy. And it's delicious!Aggie blue mint ice cream all the way from USU's campus... a special request from Jeff! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Spring!I think I cinched the birthday boy's crown on a tad too tight. No matter, he is still the most adorable thing I've ever seen... frosting and all!I think Jeff was feeling left out or just preparing for his own birthday. Did I mention this was a messy ordeal? Cake, frosting, and blue ice cream everywhere! Oh and the resulting sugar high that lasted a good hour at least with Cole running around like a mad man, giggling, tormenting his sister, and just being a happy goof?Some cold water to wash all that sugar down. I know this picture isn't the most aesthetically pleasing, but I had to post it. Just look at those cheeks, blue eyes, sytlin' fohawk (or a Fernhawk as we call it), and adorable squishable cheeks!Happy birthday Cole! It's a good thing we had so much fun or else I might have spent the whole day crying at the thought of you not being a baby anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute :) And, Aggie Blue Mint ice cream is totally the only way to go!!