Pearl has been very excited for "Leprechaun Day." I'm not really certain what she thought happened on Leprechaun Day, other than the chance you took of having the leprechauns "pinch you VERY, VERY hard" (as she demonstrates by grabbing your entire arm) if you don't wear green.We read "That's What Leprechauns Do" the night before. Just to make certain Pearl understood how mischievous leprechauns are... in case we had any sneaky, little guests that night.
And we did.
Pearl woke up to find some clover-shaped picture clues strewn about the house. She was very excited when she found the first one hanging in the doorway. I'm fairly certain from her expression that she thought she was getting her own T.V.

At the T.V. we found another clue which lead us to these:
Then this:
Then to our little mice friends. Isn't Jeff's grandpa's grandfather clock, he had made for his grandma, cool? It comes with it's own set of hand carved mice... you, know Hickory Dickory Dock mice?
A frantic dash to the computer, all while asking if the leprechauns had left her a prize and we find another clue.
Which led us here. Pearl had no problem finding this sneaky hiding place.
And finally, when all hope is almost lost that there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and what do we have behind the shower curtain? A green basket filled with new books, green bubbles, and if you look really closely, some gold coins.

I had to smile with the choice in books for Cole, well book. Pearl loved, loved, loved this book when she was a baby. We'd read it to her and she'd giggle and giggle when the "oops" part was read. Sadly, the library fines for keeping it forever didn't outweigh her pleadings to keep it when we had to take it back. But now we have our own copy! Had did those leprechauns know?We all remembered to wear green. Minus Jeff. He couldn't bring himself to wear anything other than his USU shirt because they were playing in the NCAA tournament tonight. And he's the ultimate fan. I tried to pinch him but got rejected. As pay back, I made him take some pictures of those of us did wear green. It was painful. For everyone.
I've come to expect NEVER getting a good shot the first time.
Or second.
Or 53rd.
I don't know what it is, but I find Pearl's facial expression hilarious in this one.
How about a smooch? Or two? Or three? Yeah, we like open mouth, necking sort of kisses around here. Just be glad Cole isn't motor-boating me. 

If one kid who closes their eyes (on purpose, mind you) wasn't bad enough, how about two kids with their eyes closed? 
So I guess one of these two shots will have to do. 
Meh. At least we have proof that some of us didn't get pinched today.
4 comments:
OH my gosh! I am SO going to copy you on the Leprechan treasure hunt next year. My poor kids have a boring mom! None of us even wore green. Oops.
So fun!! All our leprechauns do is mischief. :)
What fun!! I am so impressed with you. I guess I never reeeallly thought about leprechauns visiting. I so missed the boat (sorry kids...). Can I tell you how much you made me laugh-out-loud over your pics??!! Seriously. so. funny. I laugh at my kids awkward faces they make in pictures, too. I dunno, something about the half-blinking oddness of it all catches my funny bone. All that being said, you have the most adorable children and I love that you all are dressed in green. Very, very cute.
Loved the pics, but you were the funniest one of all. I enjoyed your sweet smile in the first ones and your evil eye towards the end. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment