Please tell me it will grow back and stand up as crazy as it did before... and that you all still think my baby is the cutest thing you've ever seen.
Here's what started it all. Jeff hates, hates, hates having his hair touch his ears. So to look at Cole's and realize it was actually touching his shoulders and covering his entire earlobe drove Jeff mad. He said it was time to cut it!
We attempted to trim things up ourselves first. I cried, freaked out, and yelled at Jeff to STOP! I couldn't bear it!
So Jeff said we were taking him to Cookie Cutters (yes, we go to the ridiculously expensive kids-only place... but my girl is hard to get in to at the last minute) and we were going RIGHT NOW! It's a good thing we got there with a minute to spare before closing time because I might not have been able to go back. I think the girl was super excited to cut his hair. She said she'd never seen a baby with that much blond hair before. She wanted to mohawk it.


My thoughts exactly, Cole.... only I couldn't bawl hysterically without looking like an idiot.
A small part of me died when I saw two inches of his hair all over the floor, me, Jeff, and his clothes. Seriously, she took almost two inches off the top and sides. I am praying it doesn't fall out now and that it grows back. It looks a ton thicker than before and even blonder now! It sort of reminds me of what it was like when he was born.
He needed some lovin' from his mamma afterwards. It was traumatic for the both of us. But today he is happy as can be. Apparently he is like his father and hates having his hair touch his ears and neck. That or he feels 2 lbs. lighter. I hope I can figure out how to style this new do because I'm not sure I can take the rejection of total strangers NOT stopping to comment on how adorable he is. Although the benefit of that would be getting through the grocery store 20 minutes sooner.
Cole was too busy sucking on his fingers and watching cartoons with his sister this morning to let me get a good picture of his haircut. I thought he looked like Jeff before but now... well, let's just say I am freaked out with how much he looks like his dad! Heaven help us! But what handsome little devils they both are!
13 comments:
OH MY GOSH, he is so adorable! You should mohawk it! I love it.
Once a cutie, always a cutie! I love it!
I can't stop looking at this post. It is my favorite. I love his screaming face during the hair cut! It's adorable.
I showed Nick and he said, "Wait, those pictures are of him AFTER the haircut?"
That means he is still cute, Jenny. Now you don't have to live with my greatest fear anymore.
I think he looks even more adorable. See? You can still keep the crazy hair but keep it maintained. Did you at least save a few locks in an envelope?!?
He is so cute...the trim only makes him more handsome. It will grow back!
Mom and I got the biggest kick out of this, but Mom doesn't know how to leave a comment.
Love it Jenny -- I think his hair is actually cuter when it is cut a little. Looks like a well-groomed adorable little man. Keep spiking it cause I love that look.
Aunt Sugar
He is so beautiful!!! I think the trim just adds to how much hair he really does have...whew! What a lot of hair!!1 :)
"a slamm part of me died" hehe! sorry, i am laughing. that is too funny. i am sure it was hard to cut. i love it though, he looks great!
sooooo cute, he really is adorable. I love the spiked hair.
sorry it was so traumatic but it looks really good cut.
love you,
Maren
Pretty sure you don't have to worry about him not being cute anymore...he is still adorable!
He's still as cute as ever! :)
still so freak'n cute!
Post a Comment