"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier."
--- President Gordon B. Hinckley
--- President Gordon B. Hinckley
I have been grouchy lately. A lot grouchy. Grumbling. Sad. Unhappy. Uncertain. And miserable. But today I decided it's time to be happy. Even if things aren't how I want them this very second, it's high time to have a better attitude. And do a little better. Even if it's not much and no one else would notice. I'm going to smile. I'm going to laugh. I'm going to be happier at work, at home, and with my husband and kids. I'm going to try harder to do those things I know we should be doing as a family - like eating our veggies, saying our prayers, speaking kind words to each other, reading stories before bedtime, and doing what needs to be done to keep a household functioning. I'm going to try harder to do those things which I know I need to do (but I could use a good kick in the butt from you all!) - like finally doing my visiting teaching after a *ho hum* long absence, saying my prayers, cooking dinner, being more patient in the morning with a certain child, giving hugs, and listening. And when I think I've got the hang of this happy attitude, I'm sure I'll come up with a whole slew of things I should/want to do but don't or can't. Then I'll get discouraged again. And have to remind myself to keep trying and that things are ok, even if it's not my ideal plan.
But I've got a secret weapon to this whole happy attitude thing...


Seriously, how could he NOT make you smile?
5 comments:
I;m alright with this plan...
I'm not sure how that kid is holding up his head with all that weight on top! :) And it is amazing what a good attitude from mom can do to a household. If mama ain't happy.....
He's crackin' me up!
I hear ya!! I feel the same way--I always set goals to be more happy and positive, but I can never seem to keep them--Let me know your secrets when you get it all figured out!
Thanks for the reminder to be better! I really need that right now too. Let me know your secrets for being happy when things aren't going your way...
Post a Comment