Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Zoo Days

What do you get when you combine a very blustery day, a daughter who refuses to smile or even look at the camera, a mom who is trying to switch out lenses on her camera because she hasn't taken a picture in 9 months and can't seem to figure out the best one to use let alone balance the camera on her big prego belly, and about 100 million other parents with the same idea? Zoo Days... hooray!

Pearl was pretty excited to see the baby animals... I've really confused her with the zoo and Baby Animal Days in Wellsville which is on our plan of things to do this weekend. Luckily there was a baby elephant, although Pearl was scared of the elephant noises the zoo had playing. Not to mention she was scared of the penguins, the one animal I thought she would be thrilled to see! She really is a chicken - scared of ants, bugs, and now zoo animals? Where did I go wrong?
This was the first year I decided to fork over the $1.50 for a carousel ride and it was well worth every cent. Pearl loved it! We rode it twice and each time she wanted to ride on the kangaroo. I'm not sure why she was so excited about a kangaroo all of the sudden but that's what she wanted to ride so we searched the entire carousel for one. Luckily the kangaroo isn't the most popular choice with most kids or we could have had a total meltdown right then and there. By this point Pearl was starving and begging me for popcorn. Pearl about lost it when she was told she couldn't take her popcorn on the train ride... that girl LOVES popcorn! Her first instinct after jumping off the train was to run over to the stroller and make sure no one had taken her precious popcorn. Considering Pearl quickly lost interest in seeing the animals and only made it about an hour and a half wandering around I'd say Zoo Days was a success.

4 comments:

Kami said...

Another sign the arranged marriage is meant to be: Kaleb could live off popcorn if allowed. Although train rides rank right up there with the corn.

Jeff Johnson said...

Zoo Day Horay, 1, 2, 3

How many animals did Pearl See?

1 Baby Elephant playing in the sun
2 Kangaroo rides + Poccorn equals fun.

I could go on but I don't want to take away from your post.

Parker Family said...

You did a great job taking pictures.

Emilee said...

jenny, glad you got a new lense! i debated on that one, but got the 50 fixed 1.4. i still dont know what i am doing and dont totally know how to shoot in manual. i always to auto cus i am lame. anyway! were we are the zoo the same day? we went tuesday this week. crazy if we were!