Sunday, March 7, 2010

The short list

I've got nothing really... nothing. It must be the hormones raging in my expanding body but I just can't seem to think of anything to blog about lately. I mean, you can only take so many stories of the terrible toddler phase, Jeff's misery now that another great Aggie basketball season has ended gloriously at home with the outright WAC championship (although there is still a light at the end of the tunnel with the upcoming WAC tournament and the NCAA), and me complaining about gaining weight, feeling like my belly has stretched to it's max, never ending constipation and that pukey feeling on your tongue after you eat (I know TMI), feeling sea sick every time this kid moves, and anxiety over having our house still in transition with neither kid's room put together and wondering what happened since Friday to make the house a mess again. But I did splurge and buy some bedding from Pottery Barn for Ricco which will help me finally decide a color to paint the walls in his room (well for Jeff to paint). Oh and Jeff fixed the drawers on a dresser we bought Pearl at a consignment shop (I think it is super cute, Jeff thinks it's ugly) so Pearl actually has most of her clothes in her own room now rather than the dining room!

So alas, rather than bore you with what really goes on here, I thought I'd enlist some help with the "short list" of names Jeff has picked for the boy. At least first names, middle names are yet to be decided upon. As much as we love calling him Ricco, I'm thinking it probably won't be the top pick come May when he gets here. We do love this kid and I can't wait to meet him, but if you took a look around and saw that he has no clothes, no room, no crib put together, and no name yet (but we do have the car seat this time) you might think otherwise. Nothing "sticks" for me with the names. It's not that I hate any of them it's just that none of them are "the one" right now.

The short list:
  1. Cole
  2. Miles
  3. Carnell - yes this is still on the list.... if you know Jeff you might be able to figure out this is a NFL player who goes by the name of Cadillac - which I vetoed but let Carnell slide
  4. Lincoln
Let's hear what you think! I'd like to promise the winner or winners a prize but let's get serious, I'm lucky to get the laundry done every week!

10 comments:

Kimberly Nan said...

Cole has my vote.

Jeff Johnson said...

My vote is the only one that counts - and I vote for................................

Sandy said...

Mike and I love the name Cole. We wanted to use that name but when Mike's sister had a miscarriage they named their little boy Cole.

Parker Family said...

All the names are good. Licoln was Chris' favorite, but as a favor to my sister-in-law who claims she said she wanted it first we picked different names. I know a Miles and like the name. I think Cole and Carnell are my least favorite of the four, but I have been told many times that they don't like the names I like. Pick what ever you want!!!

Parker Family said...

Wait so why don't you want Ricco? Thats a good name.

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I like Miles. That passed over our list for a bit as well :)

Alabama Apples said...

Cute names! I LOVE baby name finding...I really like Lincoln, but all are darling!

Kelsie said...

Lincoln is on my list of baby names too! I love it. :)

kathy said...

Both times they were pregnant, Jason wanted to name his kid Geronimo Jones. His wife vetoed it both times, even when he said he was willing to go with Jaron Nemo Jones. They ended up with Jettsen and Owen. That has nothing to do with anything, so I'll just throw my vote in for Cole.

Kami said...

I love them all. Cole(man) and Lincoln were on our short lists at one time or another, as well! :)