Is it any surprise that my child would say something totally ridiculous as to warrant her teachers at school to question whether we are nudists? Sadly, no. The other day when I picked her up from daycare Ms. Sarah gave me the weirdest look. It concerned me enough that I asked what Pearl had said this time. Sarah ever so calmly asked me if I wore pajamas to bed. Uh, yes, why!? I guess Pearl told her that Jeff and I didn't wear any pajamas to bed then proceeded to explain what that meant. I guess I just wear stars to bed. Huh??? After a lot of laughs from all who overheard Pearl's antics this time, it finally dawned on me where she might have concocted such a ridiculous idea. She had picked out her outfit that day and decided to wear these cross-between-pjs-and-lounge-clothes to school. Rather than battle with her, I let her wear them. Everyone kept telling her how cute her pajamas were and I figured after several discussions about her snowman jammies, she decided to tell everyone what my jammies looked like. And NO we do NOT sleep NAKED!!! Nor has she EVER caught us NAKED together... that's what locks are for!!! My "stars" as she told her teachers are actually pajamas with stars on them. And while Jeff does enjoy a jaunt around the house in only a towel, he definitely wears pajamas to bed! Thank heavens my sister did verify that we do in fact wear pjs to bed. Even after three days, the daycare is still laughing about Pearl's latest tall tale. Ms. Sarah even threatened to quit the other day if Pearl got moved out of her class because she makes her laugh so much.
And while I'm on the blackmailing roll here, I might as well post a video of Pearl's infamous Dancing Queen moves. It might come in handy when she is 16. See post here for further details.
Pearl is such a funny girl! She is getting to be quite independent, at least she wants to be. Everything has to be "me do it" or "me do it myself." And I mean everything. She picks out her own clothes (much to our dismay), gets her shoes and boots out of her closet, turns the lights on by herself, gets her own plates/bowls and utensils for meals, hops in and out of the tub all by herself, and as of late, wants to cook too. So on Friday I let her make pizza with me. She was so excited to tell her Dad that she had put olives on the pizza all by herself. Then she helped us put all the vegetables in the chicken noodle soup on Sunday. Oh and even after slaving away over dinner, she had enough energy and excitement to do the dishes for us. Of course we had to clean up the small flood afterward and listen to her screams when all the dishes were done, but it was so nice to have two little helping hands. I just hope her enthusiasm to help around the house is still here when she turns 14.
2 comments:
Too funny! Unfortunately I think her enthusiasm about helping around the house will flag about the age of 7, but then, who knows. :)
I wish I could meet her! She sounds like such a fabulous little girl. She obviously keeps you on your toes, but as my husband and I say about our boys...no one could call your child boring! She is definitely memorable!!!
Oh that is hilarious! I love the things that come out of little kids mouths.
Post a Comment