Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yesterday

It's not that I don't want to post something today all about mothers, but well, yesterday was a long day and I know my sister is eagerly awaiting some photos so she can steal them for her blog. I'll post more about Mother's day tomorrow, or later this week when our boring life has nothing exciting to share with the rest of the blogsphere. So, thank you mom, Gwen (Happy Birthday by the way), grandma, and all the other women in my life who love me, support me, teach me, and inspire me to be a better mom. I love you and am so grateful you are in my life. And thank you Pearl for taking a nap today... only a mom would know how appreciated this gift is!

Ok, now back to yesterday. We started out the day by heading to Ogden to watch my little brother's lacrosse game. I really have no clue what's going on... I was a soccer girl myself. They didn't even have lacrosse when I was in school - geez I've really dated myself now. Pearl wanted to play on the playground so I only got to watch a few minutes of the game but did see Kurtis whack some guy in the head, then get sent to the penalty box (forgive me if I have no idea what I am talking about), and yelled at by his coach. I was kind of surprised Kurtis had it in him to smack someone, he is so mellow. Kurt was a good sport for me and posed for some pictures after the game, even if it wasn't "cool" to do with all his friends watching. I admit I know nothing about lacrosse, but aren't you supposed to catch the ball?Here's the aftermath on the sidelines after the whacking that I mentioned. Even my dad chewed him out, well sort of. It was a staged photo and both of them were giggling.After lunch and much screaming by Pearl to not leave Aunt Kimmy behind, we headed home to get ready for my brother in-law's birthday party, that my sister (who was still in Ogden remember) was throwing at my house! Luckily I have a husband who is a great cook and made steaks for everyone so I only had to worry about a couple side dishes and dessert.

We gave Nick a Magna Doodle. Nice, right?! Pearl got one awhile back and Nick was obsessed with it so we figured it would be the perfect gift for a 24 year old. He loved it! We even broke out the "You Are Special" plate for the occasion. And no, the flowers were not for Nick. After all it was Mother's Day this weekend too!I must throw one awesome birthday party because Nick was out cold after dinner.

After dinner we told stories and laughed until I almost peed my pants! The ironic thing about that was the stories were all about peeing or well, uh, other bodily functions, your pants. Gross I know but I had no idea this topic of conversation could be so funny. I won't go into details but I seriously haven't laughed that hard in years! Oh and Kimmy dared Kurtis to eat some of Pearl's cookies (oatmeal, sprinkles, and Coke) for $4. "Look at my new blackberry!"

Kurtis said it was way more fun that hanging out with mom and dad, which for a 14 year old is a big compliment. My parents, thankfully, were at the Eagles concert, which was the reason all the siblings got together in the first place - we were "babysitting" Kurtis. After a call from EZ (Jesse's wife) that she was locked out of the house in LOGAN, plus Jeff had already gone to bed, we decided the party was over.

4 comments:

Jeff Johnson said...

It should have said "look at my new blackberry, look at my new blackberry" 8 or 9 times.

Kimberly Nan said...

Jenny, you didn't even put the coolest action shots of Kurtis up....

Kimberly Nan said...

Oh, and by the way, this is false advertisement...I did not throw a party for Nick at your house while not even being there...YOU invited us over to entertain Kurtis and have dinner and cake. All I did was invite Jesse.

Alabama Apples said...

Hanging out with sibs can be so fun! I hear you on nearly peeing our pants sometimes. Gotta love family and laughing waaaay too much!