
Yes, two pairs of shoes are on their way - pink croc sandals and patent red leathers. The task now is to hide them when they do get here or else Pearl will want to wear them and well, it's still a bit too cold for sandals and both are a size too big. Jeff says he does things for this kid (aka Pearl) that he normally wouldn't do...like buying crocs which he fondly refers to as dumb $** shoes. And don't be too alarmed, Jeff really doesn't have as big of a potty mouth as this post implies, well anymore.On another note, I actually participated in a Relief Society event tonight... a mini-class on keeping a journal. Score one point towards exaltation for me 'cause my blog now counts as a journal and record of my life! Yeah, maybe I'll make it after all. Oh and all the old ladies were super impressed I was so skilled at this blogging technology stuff, not to mention my 365 Project - yeah right! Seriously though, there's been plenty of times throughout my life when I've thought about recording my experiences and thoughts and until I started blogging, never did. I never wrote anything down about Jeff and I's courtship, my wedding day, or even when Pearl was born. I never recorded spiritual experiences, my travel adventures, or struggles I had in high school and college. You always seem to think that you'll never forget something that happens in your life but somehow as the years roll by you do start forgetting the feelings you had that made you want to be better, give more, and keep on trying. I wonder what my posterity will want to know about me, what they could have learned from my own experiences. I know I wonder about who my parents and grandparents really are and wish they would have kept records and written down stories from their lives. I did get a good reminder that I need to share my records and pictures with others, not just for the sake of them learning something but in case something disastrous were to happen to the original records. So I've made a goal that by April I will have bought some CDs and burned all our pictures on them in the awful event that our computer were to crash. I think that's a good start and a realistic one at that. Then in like 20 years when I've actually done this, I can move on to finishing those scrapbooks hiding in the back of my closet, doing my family history, recording my parents' histories, and recording memories of my life before blogs.
3 comments:
Actually I do have that bad of language.
Crocs are Dumb Ass shoes, but so are sandals the way people were them. It's not the shoe but rather the person wearing sandals 24-7.
As far as Pearl goes - she will always have shoes as long as I'm her Daddy. As soon as she stops calling me Daddy she is cut off.
Those shoes really are darling. I swear, your little girl has more shoes than I do. Kudos Jeff, on making sure she not only gets to learn about style, but also for using it as a leverage point for future years of parental preference.
Love the red ones! I practically turned green with envy about those beautiful shoes-I want to buy some for a little girl, too! I do have to agree with Jeff- crocs are dumb @$% shoes in my book, too.
I haven't thought of my blog as a joournal- thanks for the insight! It makes me feel better.
Post a Comment