Friday, January 9, 2009

There's a killer on the loose!

Yes, that's right...a killer is on the loose! A shirt killer that is. Jeff has ripped minimum one shirt a week for the past month. It's always the same sleeve in the exact same spot. The first couple of shirts, while tragic, were understandable - Jeff has had them since he was 15! But the latest victim was less than a year old. Jeff was ticked when he went to put his shirt on and saw another ripped sleeve. I was sound asleep and just heard "You've got to be kidding me!" followed promptly by some leg kicking and shirt throwing onto the bed. He was so ticked off that I was afraid he would completely destroy the shirt before I could get a picture of it for the blog (I thought it would make for a funny entry) so I hid it under a sweatshirt I hadn't picked up yet. He was a good sport about it and even put on another victim to the shirt killer for a picture. We both have our theories about the killer. I think it has something to do with the fact that Jeff sits with his elbows on his desk everyday crunching numbers and rubs his shirts thin in the same spot. Not to mention that this must be a sign to get him some new work clothes. He swears it our "laundry lady" that's behind all the killing. I couldn't agree more...I mean she still hasn't put away the two baskets of clothes on the bed or pulled out the last load from the dryer yet. We should seriously consider firing her! Wait a second....

5 comments:

Jeff Johnson said...

I think it might be my wife - it's sabotage to make me purchase some new clothes. That way she won't be embarrassed by my appearance.

BH said...

The shirt killer must drop by our house too. It must be after those accountants. I've lost count of how many shirts Ben has put holes in the elbow of. I think they need to create elbow patches! That would look awesome!

Unknown said...

I did not know accounting is such a dangerous job.

Alabama Apples said...

Haahaa! Hmmm...Jeff, your theory opens up wonderful ideas for me to refurbish my husband's closet! I love silly posts like this! Thanks for the smile!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

It sounds like you need to hire a "laundry man"...